Re: [apnic-talk] Elections

Subject: Re: [apnic-talk] Elections
From: "Naresh Ajwani"
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 01:50:51 +0530

Thanks David, I wud incorporate your following suggestion in our proposal for election reforms:

“More seriously, the election system used by APNIC was initially devised in a timeframe when the Internet was much less deployed than it is now and the web was only beginning to be used.  I'm sure it has evolved somewhat since then and will continue to evolve.  Moving towards full electronic voting might make sense now that entire countries aren't behind 9.6Kbps links.

Dear Desi,

Any other important point you want to make please?

Regards

Naresh Ajwani