Re: [apnic-talk] Election reforms

Subject: Re: [apnic-talk] Election reforms
From: Matthew Moyle-Croft
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 09:25:32 +1030
Naresh,
Changing the by-laws of APNIC requires more than just a policy change, hence you need to convince at least 2/3 of the VOTES of members.   At the moment I think you'd struggle a bit to do that as there doesn't appear to be a great deal of justification of the changes and why that would actually benefit members.

In this time of change with IPv4 running out I see more benefit in experience and long term stability in the EC rather than trying to alter a system that no one's explained why it's worth changing other than in their own self interest.   Having an EC which has long term members right now appears to be a positive not a negative to me at least.

MMC

On 26/03/2010, at 1:51 AM, Naresh wrote:

MM wrote:

..... So you're going to need to do a bit more convincing than you've done currently."

Naresh:

I am humbled.

"Bit more"-Sure, the policy proposal wud cover it. J

Regards and best wishes

Naresh Ajwani