Re: [apnic-talk] Elections

Subject: Re: [apnic-talk] Elections
From: David Conrad
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2010 20:34:43 -0800
Naresh,

I always thought EC members represented themselves and not their organizations, their countries of origin, their language group, their religion, etc.

Do you have some evidence this isn't the case?

Regards,
-drc

On Mar 8, 2010, at 8:10 PM, Naresh Ajwani wrote:

Hi,

Certainly, I wud clarify the _expression_ in due course of discussions and you are right it's about the composition of EC because of voting pattern/stalk.

In my opinion, “Internet is the leveller” but the table and the process of Elections are distinctively dividing the region- I may be wrong in assuming the same but really dont know that how Bangladesh, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and many such countries can get the representation in current EC structure.

I also don’t know that how can we check a situation like that as "Security Council" if 4 EC members from 3 countries of the same belt i.e. “majority” decides to block, say for example some country wants to have NIR.

Concerns are more on the election process but let other members from the Talk Group also have a look at the table and roles and obligations of EC.

Year
EC1
EC2
EC4