Re: [apnic-talk] Elections

Subject: Re: [apnic-talk] Elections
From: MAEMURA Akinori
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 16:55:45 +0900
Thank you Naresh,

We have already had quite a few discussion since then, but
I am replying to your message made yesterday.

I personally believe the announce of the election procedure,
including the deadline of proxy request, was clear enough
and compliant with the by-law's provision.  If that still
had had lost your confidence, It is a shame to hear of it.

Yes it is okay for you to argue what is true democracy or
what the governance should be in your part of world, but
it doesn't neccesarily mean they are of APNIC's as well.

We share a lot of cultures and ways of good conduct.
Sometimes Japanese one (in my case) might be strange for the
others. It is very important for us with such diversity of
cultures, to move things forward in a manner which is
acceptable for the all.

As a member of the Executive Council, I have been and am
trying to respect any position of any stakeholder of our
community.  I am happy to have a better view in how you
perceive.  apnic-talk mailing list is very much for that,
and I would encourage my colleagues within our community to
share their thoughts here, as well as in APNIC meeting,
so that we can find how we the APNIC community should move
things forward.

Best,
Akinori

In message <[email protected]>
   "RE: [apnic-talk] Elections"
   ""Naresh Ajwani" <[email protected]>" wrote:

| Dear Maemura San,
|
| In my part of world, it is not at all any conflict of interest rather it is
| transparency and true democracy. Also, the intent was to gain back the lost
| confidence on the issue of timeline.
|
| I thank you for accepting the electoral college as a valid choice. Soon others
| wud be able to see the merit in the same :-).
|
| Not a bad beginning as a first day progress :-) :-) :-)
|
| Regards and best wishes,
|
| Naresh Ajwani

| |
| | So why didn't we leave the "timeline issue for the proxy registeration"
also on
| | independent friends from other RIR? I propose to elaborate the issue further
| but
| | we can't have norms/conflict of interest at our coneveniences and that's
why I
| | have proposed the Electoral College as first area of concern. Whats wrong
with
| | this proposal; The electoral college can have friends from other RIR but
they
| | shall not be accountable to the ECs.
| |
| | Other two propsoed areas of discussion have the similar reasoning and origin
| but
| | I am optimist and want to discuss the reforms only.
| |
| | Regards and best wishes,
| |
| | Naresh Ajwani
| |
| |
| |
| |
| | In message <[email protected]>
| |    "RE: [apnic-talk] Elections"
| |    "Brajesh Jain <[email protected]>" wrote:
| |
| | | Dear Maemura San,
| | |
| | | A senior  EC person gave a logic , while you were in the chair, that a
| | | person should not be present in counting as ballot identity would be
known.
| | |
| | I've checked the scribe but still have no idea who and what
| | part you mentioned.  Whom do you mean by "A senior EC person"?
| |
| |
| | | Ballot papers have no name, so how come the identity would be known.
| | |
| | | Hope you would give your response.
| | |
| |
| | No answer to the question since I clearly had a conflict of
| | interest as a candidate on anything regarding the election
| | on Friday.  It is not the question when the motion was made.
| | That why I asked Kuo Wei Wu for being tentative chair since
| | he is the only officeholder not expiring the term.
| |
| | For me personally, I have no idea why we cannot leave the
| | vote-counting far independent friends like colleagues from
| | other RIRs.  Anyway, such a procedure should be reinforced
| | not to leave any ambigious interpretation.
| |
| |
| | Cheers,
| | [email protected] rather personally this time
| |
| |
| |
| |