Re: [apnic-talk] Elections

Subject: Re: [apnic-talk] Elections
From: "Naresh Ajwani"
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 02:41:11 +0530

Dear David,

We don’t wait for an accident to occur to take an INSUARANCE. J

I don’t think there is any challenge over the need of an electoral college for conducting the elections.

Now let me elaborate further on other two areas of concern:

1.     When we have proportionate voting strengths to the size of our members why can’t we have proportionate representation? Today world’s biggest brand is the 5 circles of Olympics.  The most respected brand in the world where just one participant from a country is lead by the mast holder in the same esteem as the one representing a continent with 1000 members.  In Olympics, the size doesn’t matter and that’s why it is more respectable than the other brands. Never Mind, If we can have NRO NC election on single vote per member basis, why can’t we have the same for the EC election?

1.     When there is a fixed term for the ICANN Director, why can’t we have the fixed term for the EC in APNIC?

The call is ours, should we have the similar brand value of Olympics or allow the organisations like ITU to puncture us forever because of a few ?

Regards and best wishes

Naresh Ajwani