Re: [apnic-talk] Elections

Subject: Re: [apnic-talk] Elections
From: MAEMURA Akinori
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 23:48:20 +0900
Dear Brajesh C Jain,

In message <[email protected]>
   "RE: [apnic-talk] Elections"
   "Brajesh Jain <[email protected]>" wrote:

| Dear Maemura San,
|
| A senior  EC person gave a logic , while you were in the chair, that a
| person should not be present in counting as ballot identity would be known.

I've checked the scribe but still have no idea who and what
part you mentioned.  Whom do you mean by "A senior EC person"?

| Ballot papers have no name, so how come the identity would be known.
|
| Hope you would give your response.

No answer to the question since I clearly had a conflict of
interest as a candidate on anything regarding the election
on Friday.  It is not the question when the motion was made.
That why I asked Kuo Wei Wu for being tentative chair since
he is the only officeholder not expiring the term.

For me personally, I have no idea why we cannot leave the
vote-counting far independent friends like colleagues from
other RIRs.  Anyway, such a procedure should be reinforced
not to leave any ambigious interpretation.

Cheers,
[email protected] rather personally this time