Re: [apnic-talk] Community Statement to ITU

Subject: Re: [apnic-talk] Community Statement to ITU
From: Sumon Ahmed Sabir
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2010 14:28:56 +0600
Hi,

Actually I was going through the transcript on ITU session and found
that what I have commented is wrongly represented in the transcript.
Probably I talk too fast or my pronunciation is  not very clear to
every one.

What is written there is:

*--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SUMON SHABIR AHMED:* I'm from a developing country, Bangladesh. We are
getting resolution for APNIC and so far we are finding it very difficult
to get IPv4 addresses. But I think ITU can really play a role here, that
is that regulators in the developing countries, especially Bangladesh
and Pakistan, they're coming from the incumbent telcos and they have a
very good relationship with ITU definitely. And if any guy from ITU
comes, who you all identified, but if we find APNIC people or even ICANN
people in Bangladesh, we couldn't get the regulators to bring them here.
Two years back, the regulators have been talking about APNIC, they say
what is it? But everyone knows ITU. ITU definitely has a huge impact on
the regulators.

But what I have tried to mean is that, We are getting IPv4 and IPv6
allocation from APNIC without any difficulties and have no issues so
far. But Our govt. like other governments in the developing region does
not have any clear ideas about the role of RIRs but have a very good
relation with ITU.  So  instead  of becoming an RIR, ITU can help to
bridge the gap between the GOVT. and RIRs.

Thanks,

Sumon