Re: [apnic-talk] Election reforms

Subject: Re: [apnic-talk] Election reforms
From: Matthew Moyle-Croft
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 16:03:09 +1030
On 24/03/2010, at 11:48 PM, Naresh wrote:

> Hi Terry,
> On March 24, Terry wrote
> " I also question if the APNIC region is mature enough across the board to
> run as a '1 member 1 vote' mechanism."
> Naresh responded:
> APNIC has largest emerging economies, largest democracy and maturity in
> accordance. Fundamentally, we believe in equality; 1 Member=1 Vote :-)

So, one vote might represent an APNIC member who has a million IPv4 users and
one vote might represent an APNIC member with a single small IPv4 range?   Is
that more fair?    I've got really IPv6 customers and soon will have many more
- does their future interest beyond IPv4 deserve more than one vote compared to
people who have no IPv6 at all?

Fair is harder than it superficially seems.

But I'm still stuck on WHY the changes are worth while.   You're wanting change
but to have these changes happen will require more than 66% as per Part III 25
of the by-laws.  So you're going to need to do a bit more convincing than
you've done currently.

apnic-talk mailing list