Re: [apnic-talk] Elections

Subject: Re: [apnic-talk] Elections
From: Matthew Moyle-Croft
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 13:47:40 +1030
Naresh,

Have you considered that it maybe that the members of APNIC are voting for those who they think will serve them best as members of the EC rather than a major conspiracy?

Maybe rather than complaining about the process the discussion needs to turn towards the candidates themselves and why people didn't vote for them?   Did they make an effort to explain their skills, experience and credentials to the members?    Are they claiming that in fact the people elected are not suitable?

Have you considered that by writing what you did below you're effectively implying that the EC is corrupt?   Have you got some evidence to back this fairly serious claim?

Really, this is a farce - this isn't about the EC voting this is about people unhappy they weren't elected and are trying to justify that by blaming other people.   I think some apologies to the EC are in order for trying to assert that they are corrupt.

MMC
Speaking for himself

On 10/03/2010, at 1:33 PM, Naresh Ajwani wrote:

Dear David,

The big brand was even ENRON-lop sided culture/norms give lop sided results. Push to the whistle blewers is nothing new, my reference to OLYMPICS is in the context of RESPECT.

1.     I have explained Electoral College/body in my last mail.
2.     Yes EC members are to represent themselves but why don’t we research that how come with 30 members support few get elected whereas despite 60 members support one is not elected. Kindly refer the contexts.
3.     We have started a debate, policy wud follow.

My ENRON example shall clarify that it’s better to correct things on time than to wait for enron. I have not referred to ITU this time. J

Regards and best wishes,

Naresh Ajwani