Re: [apnic-talk] Community Statement to ITU

Subject: Re: [apnic-talk] Community Statement to ITU
From: Bill Woodcock
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2010 00:08:10 -0800 PST
      On Fri, 5 Mar 2010, Dobbins, Roland wrote:
    > > "This community believes there are no exhaustion issues associated with
    > Does this community in fact believe this?  I don't know if I do, trying
to think 50-100 years out, and given the extremely wasteful allocation policies
many are pursuing for link addressing and allocations in general combined with
the seemingly eventual ubiquity of spimes at the nanoscale level

This community is engineers.  We know never to say never.  However, we're
dealing with non-engineers, and "not within our lifetimes" is sufficiently
close to "never" for their purposes.

apnic-talk mailing list