Re: [apnic-talk] How do I lookup an AS Number on commandline

Subject: Re: [apnic-talk] How do I lookup an AS Number on commandline
From: Sanjaya
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 17:42:36 +1000
Dear Ram,

If you want to see how the prefix gets announced (including the
history), you might want to check RIPE's RIS service:

http://www.ripe.net/ris/index.html

You can also check route objects in APNIC database. Route objects
contain information about the origin ASN

whois -h whois.apnic.net -T route 202.162.229.205

route:        202.162.229.0/24
descr:        VSNL Route Object
origin:       AS4755
mnt-by:       MAINT-VSNL-IN
changed:      [email protected] 20070102
source:       RADB

More info on using APNIC whois is available here

http://www.apnic.net/apnic-info/whois_search2/using-whois

Hope this helps. Please don't hesitate to contact APNIC helpdesk should
you need further assistance.

Cheers,
Sanjaya                                     email:     [email protected]
Services Area Manager, APNIC                sip:  [email protected]
http://www.apnic.net                        phone:       +61 7 3858 3100
  * Sent by email to save paper. Print only if necessary.