Re: [apnic-talk] [Apnic-announce] Application for India NIR - Call for C

Subject: Re: [apnic-talk] [Apnic-announce] Application for India NIR - Call for Comments
From: Philip Smith
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 19:01:58 +1000
Hi Naresh,

Naresh Ajwani said the following on 21/11/09 14:12 :

> I hope my concern for the community in India was also observed by you:
>
> One billion plus country has only 70 million English speaking citizens whereas
> Internet in India is touching or has a potential to touch 500 million-we have
> 500
> million telephone connections-I don't understand just because of the language
> these 430 million people don't have any say in policy making or that matter
> even,
> for following it.

I haven't really seen the general population in the whole Asia Pacific
region participating in APNIC meetings. While the meetings are open to
all comers, it tends to be the service providers and other interested
parties who these policies impact who participate.

Certainly I do agree that more people should be encouraged to
participate - if we got a bigger portion of the ISPs in the entire
region I'd be happier! :-)

philip