Re: [apnic-talk] [Apnic-announce] Application for India NIR - Call for C

Subject: Re: [apnic-talk] [Apnic-announce] Application for India NIR - Call for Comments
From: Mark Prior
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 23:40:14 -0800
Vebtel - Kusumba S wrote:
> Read thru complete mail and did not find still what probably community
> needs to understand at this moment. Please don't get us wrong! There is
> a disconnect in between "purpose" and "cause" here and it is important
> that the "purpose" is agreeable to the community to allow the "cause".
> All one is trying to understand here is that "purpose".

Hi Kusumba,

I think you have hit the nail on the head here.

It would be useful to know what problem(s) a NIR in India will fix as
establishing one and running it will come at some cost to someone in
India. If it's the language issue or time zone then perhaps APNIC can
address those concerns and perhaps not. I don't think that a local NIR
will fix an address availability issue to Indian ISPs although perhaps
that really is a language issue that could be addressed with information
in a variety of Indian languages, noting that APNIC provides telephone
support in Bengali and Hindi. I guess we wont see that feedback here
unless someone in India can obtain and translate those messages.

Mark.