Application for India NIR - Call for Comments
The National Internet Exchange of India (NIXI) has lodged an application
for recognition as a National Internet Registry (NIR). If recognized as
an NIR, NIXI would be able to offer IP (Internet Protocol) address
allocation and other APNIC services at a national level in India.
In the interests of openness and transparency, the APNIC Executive
Council (EC) requests public review of the NIXI application and has
issued a Call for Comments to gauge community support.
The EC will accept public or confidential comments until Monday, 30
November 2009 at 17:30 (UTC+10 - Brisbane time).
Confidential comments may be:
- Emailed to the Executive Secretary of the EC at [email protected]
- Submitted using the web form at http://www.apnic.net/NIR_Comments
Comments may also be made publicly and discussed on the "apnic-talk"
mailing list. More information on the list is available at:
The APNIC EC is responsible for evaluating and approving the
application, but before the EC can do so, it must be satisfied that NIXI
meets the "Criteria for the recognition of NIRs in the APNIC region", as
set out in the policy available at:
These criteria require NIXI to:
- Demonstrate formal endorsement at the national level by the
appropriate government body
- Be an independent legal entity with a non-profit structure
- Demonstrate a stable funding model
- Demonstrate it holds a neutral position
- Have the organizational and technical capacity to implement
APNIC address management policies
For more information, see:
Paul Wilson, Director-General, APNIC <[email protected]>
http://www.apnic.net ph/fx +61 7 3858 3100/99
Apnic-announce mailing list
apnic-talk mailing list