[apnic-talk] [Apnic-announce] APNIC service announcement

Subject: [apnic-talk] [Apnic-announce] APNIC service announcement
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 13:59:54 +1000 EST

APNIC service announcement

Dear APNIC members and friends,

Some services provided by APNIC were unavailable yesterday due to a
disruption to our international connectivity.

This occurred between 07:00 Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST)
and approximately 11:20 AEST.

Major services affected were:

    - www.apnic.net
    - MyAPNIC
    - email
    - Whois
    - Reverse DNS (partial)

Services provided by ns3.apnic.net and sec3.apnic.net remained
resolvable.

Unfortunately, we were not able to announce this situation when it
occurred due to the loss of connectivity.

APNIC Network Operations are actively reviewing the escalation procedure
of our network redundancy to ensure the continuous provision of APNIC
services.

We apologize for the loss of facilities and for any inconvenience
caused.

Should you require further assistance in dealing with any problems
arising from this outage, please contact the APNIC Helpdesk.

    Phone:   +61 7 3858 3188 (09:00 to 19:00 AEST, UTC+10)
    Fax:     +61 7 3858 3199
    Email:   [email protected]

Sincerely,