Re: [apnic-talk] apnic web server access with IPv6

Subject: Re: [apnic-talk] apnic web server access with IPv6
From: (Tomohiro -INSTALLER- Fujisaki/藤崎 智宏) <>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 11:26:29 +0900 JST
Hi Paul,

Thank you very much for your reply and quick action.

 | I can confirm that the following alternative DNS names exist for access to
 | APNIC services via IPv4 and IPv6 specifically:
 |     IPv4-only
 |     www-4.apnic.net
 |     my-4.apnic.net
 |     IPv6-only
 |     www-6.apnic.net
 |     my-6.apnic.net
 | These names can be used for testing purposes or in case there is a problem
 | with accessibility via IPv4 or IPv6.  Currently we are aware that IPv6
 | connectivity to APNIC services is not reliable, and we are attempting to
 | improve that.

I hope APNIC servers will have good IPv6 connectivity!!

Then, one more point, currently, IPv6 address of www.apnic.net and
www-6.apnic.net is '2001:dc0:2001:0:4608:20::'. I think it's better to
turn off the universal/local bit of its interface ID.

Tomohiro Fujisaki
apnic-talk mailing list