Re: [apnic-talk] apnic web server access with IPv6

Subject: Re: [apnic-talk] apnic web server access with IPv6
From: Paul Wilson
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 11:50:22 +1000
Hello again.

I can confirm that the following alternative DNS names exist for access to APNIC services via IPv4 and IPv6 specifically:
   IPv4-only

   www-4.apnic.net
   my-4.apnic.net

   IPv6-only

   www-6.apnic.net
   my-6.apnic.net

These names can be used for testing purposes or in case there is a problem with accessibility via IPv4 or IPv6. Currently we are aware that IPv6 connectivity to APNIC services is not reliable, and we are attempting to improve that.
Also, we will deploy other DNS names along these lines, as services become
available. At present, whois is only available via IPv4.
Thanks,

Paul Wilson.

--On Tuesday, 12 June 2007 8:58 PM +1000 Paul Wilson <[email protected]> wrote:
Dear Fujisaki san

We are aware of this problem, and we are trying to fix it by improving
IPv6 connectivity to our site.  We will probably also provide some
additional domain names which allow selection of APNIC services by IP
protocol (eg www4 and www6.apnic.net).

I hope we will have some more information available soon.

Best regards

Paul Wilsom.

--On Tuesday, 12 June 2007 7:10 PM +0900 "(Tomohiro -INSTALLER-
        Fujisaki/èå æå" <[email protected]> wrote:

Hi,

I tried to access www.apnic.net from our network, but communication
quality was too bad. I could see the top page (http://www.apnic.net),
but could not see the policy proposal page
(http://www.apnic.net/docs/policy/proposals/index.html) (I gave up to
access the page). With IPv4, the quality is not so bad.

Is this due to our network environment? How about from your network?

--
Tomohiro Fujisaki