[apnic-talk] [Apnic-announce] APNIC 22 update #4

Subject: [apnic-talk] [Apnic-announce] APNIC 22 update #4
From: APNIC Secretariat
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2006 15:58:43 +1000
[Apologies for duplicates]

APNIC 22 update #4
______________________________

22nd APNIC Open Policy Meeting
4-8 September 2006
Kaohsiung, Taiwan
______________________________

Hosted by: Taiwan Network Information Center (TWNIC)

Dear APNIC members and friends,

It is our pleasure to invite you to the 22nd APNIC Open Policy
Meeting. The meeting is open to anyone with an interest in the
Internet in the Asia Pacific region, and will be held at the Grand
Hi-Lai Hotel, Kaohsiung, Taiwan, from 4-8 September, 2006.

Contents
--------
1. Meeting registration
2. Meeting program
3. Meeting sponsorship
4. Visitor information

1. Meeting registration
-----------------------
Registration is now open. To take advantage of earlybird discount,
please register by Friday 14 July, 2006. The online registration form
is available at:

    http://www.apnic.net/meetings/22/

2. APNIC 22 meeting program
---------------------------
The meeting program will include tutorials, Special Interest Groups
(SIGs), APOPS, Lightning talks, Birds of a Feather sessions (BOFs),
hostmaster consultations, the APNIC Member Meeting (AMM), and social
events. A draft program is available at:

    http://www.apnic.net/meetings/22/program/

3. Meeting sponsorship
----------------------
We are pleased to announce that sponsorship is still available. In
return for your support, you will be presented with valuable
opportunities to expose your organisation, products, and services to
an international audience of Internet leaders. Details of sponsorship
options are available in the sponsorship package at:

    http://www.apnic.net/meetings/22/sponsors/

Prospective sponsors should send expressions of interest to the APNIC
Secretariat at <[email protected]> to be part of this exciting event.

4. Visitor information
----------------------
If you are planning to attend APNIC 22, we recommend that you bear the
following points in mind:

  i) Attendees of some nationalities will require a visa to enter
     Taiwan. Please contact your local Taiwanese Embassy, Consulate or
     representative offices to determine whether or not a visa is
     required to enter, and note that visa applications can take some
     time to be processed.

 ii) You may require a letter of invitation when submitting a visa
     application. This letter can be obtained by writing to TWNIC,
     the local host of APNIC 22, at <[email protected]>. More information
     about the visa application process can be found at:

         http://www.apnic22.tw/apnic22_visas.htm

iii) Additionally, flight schedules to Kaohsiung from some regions
     are limited. To avoid last minute frustrations, we strongly
     recommend that meeting attendees arrange all flight bookings and
     visa applications as early as possible.

If you have any questions or suggestions about APNIC 22, please email
us at <[email protected]>

We look forward to seeing you in Kaohsiung.

Best regards,

APNIC Secretariat                                [email protected]
Asia Pacific Network Information Centre (APNIC)   Tel: +61-7-3858-3100
PO Box 2131 Milton, QLD 4064 Australia            Fax: +61-7-3858-3199