This is a reminder that applications for the next round of funding in
the Pan Asia ICT R&D Grants Programme are due by 15 March 2005.
This open theme competition welcomes proposals relating to projects in
the Asia Pacific region, in the following areas:
* Research and development into innovative ICT applications,
with a clear focus on practical and replicable approaches
* Research on Internet infrastructure design, performance,
management policy and related topics.
* Development of practical solutions based on the application
of proven and readily available Internet technologies with
minimum basic research.
* Research on the outcomes and social impacts of specific ICT
policies and interventions and application of Internet technologies.
* Research on policy matters affecting Internet networking in the
Asia Pacific region, especially where linked to areas such as policy
impacts, gender equity, social equity, sustainable communities, and
technology diffusion/transfer and benefits to rural areas.
* Technology related issues such as broadband connectivity, “last mile”
innovation, mobile and wireless technologies for the developing world,
and increasing the capacity or efficiency of existing network
Interested organizations or institutions from the Asia Pacific region
may apply for either of the following types of grants:
* Grants up to a maximum budget of US$9,000 over a term not exceeding
* Grants up to a maximum budget of US$30,000 over a term not exceeding
Information about how to apply is available at:
The deadline for applications for this round is 15 March 2005.
Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered for
this round, but may be considered in future rounds.
The grants committee will screen all proposals, and the results will be
made known by mid May 2005.
APNIC Secretariat <[email protected]>
APNIC ph +61 7 3858 3100
http://www.apnic.net fx +61 7 3858 3199
Apnic-announce mailing list
apnic-talk mailing list