Morovia Corporation is pleased to announce the General Availability of
a new barcode font package that supports the GS1 Databar family of
barcodes. Morovia DataBar Fontware is a font-based solution to print
GS1 DataBar symbols. DataBar, formerly known as Reduced Space
Symbology (RSS), is a GS1-endorsed solution to encode 14-digit GTIN
numbers alongside other complementary information, such as sell by
date and price. There are seven types of DataBar formats - GS1
DataBar, GS1 DataBar Truncated, GS1 DataBar Limited, GS1 DataBar
Stacked and GS1 DataBar Stacked Omnidirectional. Morovia DataBar
Fontware supports all of them. It also supports creating Code128 and
EAN-128 (also referred as GS-128) barcodes.
The release of the font package is in line with the GS1 mandate for
all trade-item scanning systems to achieve the capability to read GS1
DataBar bar codes and GS1 Application Identifier System by January 1,
2010. This is also known as the GS1 global sunrise date.
This package includes the following contents:
* Two true type fonts targeting 300/600 dpi laser printers as well
as 203-dpi barcode printers/fax machines - mrvdatabar-13x.ttf and
* Two true type fonts targeting screen resolution:
mrvdatabar-13x-96dpi.ttf and mrvdatabar-34x-96dpi.ttf.
* A special designed true type font, mrvdatabar-em.ttf to be
used to create stacked symbols in some software that does not handle
font height properly.
* The user reference manual, in both PDF and HTML format.
* The PCL package includes two PCL scalable fonts,
mrvdatabar-13x.sft and mrvdatabar-34x.sft, as well as test file to
work on Windows and Linux.
* DataBar Encoder GUI, a GUI program to create barcode strings
based on data entered.
* A Windows native DLL that provides standard API that provides
encoding functions to Microsoft Office programs, as well as
programming environments that support calling DLL.
* A Crystal Reports extension DLL that adds DataBar printing
functionality to Crystal Reports.
All files are packaged in a single zip file. The root directory
contains the installer for Windows operating system. The PCL directory
contains the font files and test files for work on PCL printers.
For more information, see http://www.morovia.com/font/databar.asp.
Tags: DataBar, GA, Press Releas