alt.comp.shareware.programmer

Looking for a web based shareware for finding lost friends ..

Subject: Looking for a web based shareware for finding lost friends ..
From: "Haardvark"
Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2007 20:21:26 +0200
Newsgroups: alt.comp.shareware.programmer
Hi,
I'm looking for a web based shareware for finding lost friends.
I know there is a well known website that does this kind of thing.
I was wondering if there was a shareware doing much the same but not
school-based.
The thing I'm looking for would be for people who met on a holiday, by
location, and by date periods.
Is there a name for this type of "lost and found" software ? I was looking
on sourceforge but didn't quite know what to look for.

Thanks for any info.
Haardvark