[Adonthell-artwork] Re: More gfx conventions

Subject: [Adonthell-artwork] Re: More gfx conventions
From: Kai Sterker
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2010 16:40:44 +0200
On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 12:04 AM, Kai Sterker <[email protected]> wrote:

> The biggest downside I see is that the auto-grid stuff in mapedit
> would no longer work for placing walls. I guess I might have to come
> up with a method of handling those conveniently, but for now it either
> means manual placement or at least manual adjustment of the grid.

After playing around with the new tiles in mapedit for a short while,
it turns out that without automatic alignment, things get pretty
cumbersome. Fortunately, I've found a simple solution:

it is now possible to set the side of the grid to which objects get
aligned. That way, with only a minmum amount of manual work, all the
wall pieces can be properly aligned to each other.

In doing that, I found that not all wall pieces I've created yesterday
tile properly. Need to make some more adjustments to the underlying
gfx respectively models before I can commit an updated map.

Adonthell-artwork mailing list