Re: [Adonthell-artwork] Dragon pic finished!

Subject: Re: [Adonthell-artwork] Dragon pic finished!
From: Kai Sterker
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 00:01:02 +0200
On Sun, Aug 23, 2009 at 11:40 PM, James Nash<[email protected]> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> There's been a dragon picture I've been working on, on and off for some time
> now. Well, I'm pleased to say I finally finished it! I've uploaded it to my
> Flickr account here:
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/james_nash/3850122558/

Yay! Looks fantastic :-).

> It's under a Creative Commons license, so feel free to grab a copy and share
> it elsewhere, but please link back to the original if you do so. Thanks!

Hm, perhaps we really should invest a day or two to get the artwork
(and screenshot) section of the website functional again. But I really
need to work on that modeller ...

> Oh yeah, it's in 1920x1200 resolution so should make a nice background for
> widescreen monitors.

Neat. There's a mental note lingering in my head for quite some time.
Lots of monitors these days are having a 16:10 ratio, some even 16:9.
I'd really want to make sure the Waste's Edge remake (and Dun
Barethsol of course) will look good on those. That means we'll
probably have to design cutscenes (and maps) for a 16:9 ratio, but in
such a fashion that the most important bits are in the center, as the
borders would be cut off when viewing in 16:10 or (behold!) 16:12
mode.

Kai