Re: [Adonthell-artwork] Grass texture v.0.1

Subject: Re: [Adonthell-artwork] Grass texture v.0.1
From: James Nash
Date: Sun, 11 May 2008 22:44:44 +0100
On 8 May 2008, at 10:03, Kai Sterker wrote:

On Thu, May 8, 2008 at 1:30 AM, James Nash <[email protected]> wrote:
Hi all,

 As I mentioned before I'm working on a grass texture.

What I have so far is 8 rows of blades of grass which are intended to be
used as vertical layers
That's an idea that didn't really occur to me before. I had imagined
to have a second (non-solid) horizontal layer above the ground layer.
Will be interesting to see how the engine will handle that. I could
imagine that the overall result might be better than what I had in
mind, though.
Yeah, that had occurred to me too. I might have a go at a horizontal
layer version too so we can compare the two.
My hunch is that for long grass (like what I made so far) the
vertical layers will look noticeably better. However, for short grass
there's probably little or no difference, so a horizontal layer will
be the way to go since there's less images / work / CPU overhead(?)
involved :-)

Regards,
                        - James
--