Re: [Adonthell-artwork] Cirrus' stuff

Subject: Re: [Adonthell-artwork] Cirrus' stuff
From: James Nash
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 09:37:25 +0000
On Jan 20, 2005, at 01:48, Andrew Michael Phillips wrote:

While wandering around Cirrus' webspace, I found some things I like.

For the sake of sharing the burden of bandwidth, I've taken the liberty of saving them in my plotweb space. I won't use them without permission, of
course.

They're all free for all (one day when I get round to updating my
website and making a proper gallery I'll add creative commons licenses
to them all).
You're welcome to just link to the files on my website if you're
worried about your bandwidth usage!
I'll point a few out in particular.

http://endor.hsutx.edu/~cptlogic/adonthell/plotweb/grendal/images/ vortex.jpg
To me, this one strongly suggests a spell effect, whether it be a
windblast or a portal of some kind. AS a windblast, I can easily imagine
this energy coming off the end of Feldis' Rod of Continuance.
This one was just a bit of mucking around with filters in Photoshop.
But if it serves as inspiration for spells then that's cool ^_^
http://endor.hsutx.edu/~cptlogic/adonthell/plotweb/grendal/images/ dunbarethsol.jpg
I know it wasn't meant to be Dun Barethsol, but to me, it reflects the
essence of the place - dark, airy, broken, complex. BTW, it also makes me
think it might have been a concept sketch for a final fantasy setting.
I don't know how appropriate this one is for Adonthell. It was meant to
be a Bladerunner-esque sci-fi city. But I can borrow some of the ideas
when I design Dun Barethsol.
So far I had always thought of DB as one huge tower, but I think you're
right - it would look more interesting if it was a complex of several
interconnected buildings and towers (perhaps with one especially tall
one that sticks out from the rest and is the main watch tower).
What do the others think about this?

http://endor.hsutx.edu/~cptlogic/adonthell/plotweb/grendal/images/
comets_big.png
The thing that grabbed me about this image was the flame idea within
the
comets. I think it would make a wonderful design for the crest on an
Elvish Phoenix shield.
Heh, this one was for an FTP client a Jol was making (if I remember
correctly). But we can certainly used the stylised comet for a crest.

http://endor.hsutx.edu/~cptlogic/adonthell/plotweb/grendal/images/ coast.jpg
Finally, while I know this one isn't Dun Vanasol or Cirdanth, I love it
just the same. Thanks.
This was meant to be a little part of Cirdanth. Glad you like it!

                - James
--
Personal site:
http://cirrus.twiddles.com/