RE: accessing MySQL via Perl

Subject: RE: accessing MySQL via Perl
From: Randy Kobes
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 15:41:27 -0600 CST
On Fri, 4 Mar 2005, Gerald Preston wrote:

> Randy,
> How do I install this with ppm?  I see no ppd file.
> Jerry

You should just be able to to, at a DOS prompt,
  C:\> ppm install http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/ppms/DBD-mysql.ppd
for ActivePerl 8xx, or
  C:\> ppm install http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/ppmpackages/DBD-mysql.ppd
for 6xx.

I noticed in an earlier message within this thread a problem
with unpacking the associated .tar.gz archive. The ppm
utility should handle getting, unpacking, and installing all
the files within this archive - the user normally doesn't
have to do anything with this file themselves. There is a
known issue with using some archive tools (eg, WinZip) in
extracting some of these archives, but ppm should be OK, as
it uses Perl modules for doing this.

best regards,
ActivePerl mailing list