activeperl@listserv.ActiveState.com

RE: accessing MySQL via Perl

Subject: RE: accessing MySQL via Perl
From: Randy Kobes
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 15:41:27 -0600 CST
On Fri, 4 Mar 2005, Gerald Preston wrote:

> Randy,
>
> How do I install this with ppm?  I see no ppd file.
>
> Jerry

You should just be able to to, at a DOS prompt,
  C:\> ppm install http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/ppms/DBD-mysql.ppd
for ActivePerl 8xx, or
  C:\> ppm install http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/ppmpackages/DBD-mysql.ppd
for 6xx.

I noticed in an earlier message within this thread a problem
with unpacking the associated .tar.gz archive. The ppm
utility should handle getting, unpacking, and installing all
the files within this archive - the user normally doesn't
have to do anything with this file themselves. There is a
known issue with using some archive tools (eg, WinZip) in
extracting some of these archives, but ppm should be OK, as
it uses Perl modules for doing this.

--
best regards,
randy