activeperl@listserv.ActiveState.com

RE: Mailbox access via IMAP4 protocol from Windows client

Subject: RE: Mailbox access via IMAP4 protocol from Windows client
From: Randy Kobes
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 10:42:31 -0600 CST
On Thu, 23 Dec 2004, Sundaram Divya-QDIVYA1 wrote:

> This one seems to be the easiest to use:
>
> http://search.cpan.org/~cwest/Net-IMAP-Simple-0.95/lib/Net/IMAP/Simple.pm
> <http://search.cpan.org/~cwest/Net-IMAP-Simple-0.95/lib/Net/IMAP/Simple.pm>
>
> Its a different story if the module is available for ActiveState.
>
> We need to better identify and list the repositories for
> Perl Modules. The unavailability of some modules caused me
> to forego an upgrade of Perl earlier. Is there a way for
> users to contribute modules built for ActiveState Perl?

The PPM::Repositories module contains such a list of
available repositories.

As for searching, one can do that of course through the
ppm shell; also, I've added to our CPAN search engine:
  http://cpan.uwinnipeg.ca/htdocs/faqs/cpan-search.html
the capability to return a list of Win32 repositories that
contain a given package, if available:
  http://cpan.uwinnipeg.ca/module/Net::IMAP::Simple
Right now the repositories (both for 6xx and 8xx builds)
in the database are the main ActiveState ones, as well
as the contributed ones at
   http://crazyinsomniac.perlmonk.org/perl/
   http://www.bribes.org/perl/ppm
   http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/
There isn't, as far as I know, an easy method for a user to
add a particular ppm package to a repository. If ActiveState
doesn't have it (perhaps due to some problem in building or
testing the CPAN distribution), what you might try is asking
the maintainer of one of the contributed repositories to see
about adding it.

--
best regards,
randy kobes